Editing always a welcome respite
to the Government of Canada bilingual tabloid publication
The Maple Leaf as English Editor was a bit
like going home – I was in a comfortable place, working with talented, dedicated
people, doing what I most enjoy doing.
I edited English text and proofed the pages, liaised
with writers and the Government of Canada Translation Bureau,
and worked with The Maple Leaf's French editor to ensure concordance between
the English and French texts.
Unfortunately, my position was one of many that were "work force adjusted" (cut) in response to the Spring 2012 budget.
And, even more unfortunately, all of the back issues of The Maple Leaf have been removed from the Internet; therefore, the list of clips, below, is no longer active, though I can provide scans of anything there.
2011 2010 2009 2008
• The Last Word: Journalistic writing
• The Last Word: Dropping the hyphen
• The Last Word: Keep it simple
• The Last Word: Platoon unearthed
• The Last Word: A dilemma; an enigma
• The Last Word: Commemorating good usage
• The Last Word: Things we think we know
• The Last Word: CF Troupers
• The Last Word: EEEeeee!
• Command post training a whole-hearted exercise
• Students recreate history, honour veterans
• The Last Word: Disappearng whom
• The Last Word: TML submission odds 'n' ends
• The Last Word: Less confusion
• The Last Word: Word Wisdom
• Review: Three to a Loaf
• The Last Word: It's no lie – it's a problem
• The Last Word: Only, the lonely
• Scottish town honours Canadian sapper
• Review: Forum of words
• The Last Word: Everyday error